In response to feedback, KM OOC Management has revised our proposal to hold Primary Elections and Elections in general. Changes are in this color.
Primary Election System
In the event that more than two candidates register to compete in the same election, the following primary election rules come into force and will be used to establish which two candidates advance to final election. The term of a primary election shall be the seven days.
Points shall be awarded as in the final election with the following exceptions:
- Events (+3 points per event, maximum of one event during the primary period.) If the candidate advances to the final election, the event held during the primary will count toward the next election period in both points and events completed.
- Endorsements by qualifying Former ministers are allowed to up until the 11:59pm (PST) of the date before the primary election or immediately after the candidates’ debate (whichever is later). Endorsements points reset after the primary election and the former minister may change their endorsement for the final election.
- Representatives votes may be submitted as up until the 11:59pm (PST) of the date before the primary election or immediately after the candidates’ debate (whichever is later). Votes reset after the primary election and the former minister may change their endorsement for the final election. Primary elections do not count toward the competitive elections total for a given representative.
A Candidates' Debate will be scheduled by the Legate’s office (OOC Management) at the time when most number of candidates can attend. The debate format will be a chosen moderator asking a series of questions that each candidate will answer in turn. The order candidates answer in shall be determined by a D100 with the lowest roll starting and moving up the highest.
After the primary election, point totals are reset except for events as stated above.
Election System Changes
Based on feed about the election system in general, OOC Management is proposing the following changes to main election.
- Events (+3 points per event, maximum of three event during the primary period.) Former Ministers and Candidates for minister had expressed that running five events in a two week period was tiring and unpleasant to RP. To help bring balance between fun and the need for Representatives to get to know a candidate and give the feeling of a campaign, the number of events has been reduced but the point total for each event has been inflated. Candidates are also welcome to do joint events (such as debates) but are not obligated to so.
- Carpet bagging penalty (-2 points for Carpet bagging) Carpet Bagging returns as the sole say for a character to loss points. If a character appears to have relocated in hopes of finding a more friendly electorate, KM OOC Management council will vote on if apply the penalty.
The Krytan Ministry OOC Management invites your feedback till Saturday, March 20th. Please leave any comments, questions or concerns as a reply to this thread.